Although it’s taken me over three months to get around to properly acknowledging this, I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award, with thanks to Miss Z and her entertaining dating blog!
So, running down the checklist, I’ve already made my thanks and have included a link (two, actually) to her blog. Next, I need to select fifteen blogs from the my own personal ‘following’ list. As this is mostly a wood/workshop-related blog, I’d like to include as many blogs with a similar theme as possible, as they may well get overlooked by the average ‘blogger’. I’ll also try to include some that other woodworkers may not have come across before…
Flowering Elbow http://www.floweringelbow.org/
Flair Woodworks http://flairwoodworks.com/blog/
Artisan’s Call http://fbyaakov.wordpress.com/
The English Woodworker http://www.theenglishwoodworker.com/
Little Good Pieces http://littlegoodpieces.wordpress.com/
Lazy Larry’s Woodshop http://larrysworkshop.wordpress.com/
Pink Toes and Power Tools http://pinktoesandpowertools.com/
Aggravated Wood Butchery http://aggravatedwoodbutchery.wordpress.com/
Bristol Culture http://bristolculture.wordpress.com/
OISE Bristol Blog http://oisebristol.me/
Sawdust in my Socks http://www.sawdustinmysocks.com/
Chair Notes http://chairnotes.blogspot.co.uk/
So Resourceful http://soresourceful.wordpress.com/
I read and subscribe to many more blogs than I had realised so, whittling the list down to fifteen was hard. I do apologise if anyone reading particularly feels that they should’ve been included above.
Now, I have to tell you seven ‘things’ about me… I’ll try to keep these wood-related and hopefully, you won’t already know any of them!
1. At school, I did not enjoy woodwork.
2. I tend to use the same disposable glue brush for as many jobs as possible!
3. I’m a bit of a perfectionist and have to brush over the same areas several times while painting.
4. Favourite wood – English oak.
5. I have a fear of setting up a Facebook ‘fan’ page for this blog and revealing it all to people in my ‘real’ life.
6. I occasionally rip thin stuff on my bandsaw without a push-stick!
7. …My workshop is actually my mum’s single-car garage, and I’m 27!!!
Thanks for reading!