In an effort to get myself back in to the swing of things and to make use of the workshop while I still have it, I’m trying to tie up a few ‘loose ends’ while I still have a few days before I return to work. This means that I’m trying to sort out a few videos that have been on my to-do list for too long (one was uploaded last night) and I’m also trying to get various bits and pieces together that I can eventually submit for magazine publication (tool reviews and tests, hopefully some small projects, too).
I was going some photos with my current camera (Nikon S8200) last night when I finally found a practical use for a small item I bought from Rutlands over a year ago:
It’s a magnetic LED light mine and I only really bought it because, when it first arrived in their catalogue, it was on sale and available with free delivery. I was hoping to use it with my bandsaw but, even when I got the positioning right, the light wasn’t always strong enough. So, it’s been sat on top of bandsaw for far too long since then. But, where another LED device has since failed (possible dust ingestion), this little light is still working fine.
I could’ve done with this while filming some of my video sequences but this thought never occurred until I’d starting photographing things afterwards.
If you follow me on Twitter then, you’ll have noticed that I’ve been watching a lot of videos on making bandsaw boxes. Certainly, they kept me occupied far beyond my bed time last night! That’s something I’m looking at experimenting with soon and it’s given me new hope for another inspiring idea I came up with back in… August, I think! 😉