It’s been a fortnight since I uploaded this first video to YouTube and I had hoped that the second instalment would be ready to upload this evening… Well, it hasn’t quite worked out that way – and it has taken me this long to get around to writing about it!
Here it is, for those of you who haven’t already seen it across my social media sites.
For those who haven’t already seen this through other social media outlets; here we have my most recent YouTube upload, where I set about repairing the mitred corners of a serving tray I made about seven-years ago.
Tomorrow, I’ll add a blog post, outlining a few still and details to complement this repair.
As I write this, I’m currently working on a new video on a walk I did in December. That should appear soon and will then be followed by further DIY and woodworking uploads. If you haven’t done so, I would like to encourage you to subscribe to my channel on YouTube. My following appears to be growing at a steady rate and I’m confident that I’ll reach the 4,000 mark before too long.
Having viewed the potential-workshop a few days ago now, I’ve taken the weekend to step back and decide that I will be going for it – just in case there was ever any doubt! 😉
Things are still yet to be signed, dotted and paid for as I write this but I remain confident regardless. In this post, I’ll be highlighting a few things I’ve since noticed and looking ahead to what will need to be done.
Somehow, it’s been almost four complete months since I posted Part 2… It was in the following month (September) that I was able to complete the finishing touches to the shed and get the overdue finished photos (albeit, captured on my smart phone).
In this post, we’ll go over those final additions as the project draws to a close.
Over the weekend, I made my most recent trip to Ikea (twenty-four hours after ‘Black Friday’, no less) and obtained a final box of Lots mirror tiles (plus one spare pack, in case of any further breakages).
This post will tie up all the loose ends with regards to how the project came to a close.
For this window-mirror, I wanted to use rectangular glazing that would complement the functional window that this construction is likely to be situated across the room from. Looking around at various packs of glass tiles and they only appeared to come in square sizes. For a while, I was tempted to buy a pack of mirrored-acrylic tiles from a seller on eBay, knowing they can be cut with woodworking equipment.
Looking around some more and I found Ikea’s Lots mirror tiles and, for the quantity I required, they were set to work out at around half the cost of the acrylic, even before postage. So, after collecting three packs from Ikea in Bristol, I was left with the challenge of having to cut the glass myself – all of which is detailed below.
This is an idea I’ve been entertaining for a number of months, although not something I had cooked up entirely within my own skull.
My flat is lacking in light, being on the ground floor and with only window window fitted in each room. Instead of adding lamps and racking up the electricity bill, I came up with the idea to use mirrors. This is an alternative take on simply buying a ‘rectangular frame’. I like the thought of being able to add the impression of an extra window in my living room.