With a three-day Bank Holiday weekend already underway, I’m hoping to have this desk very close to completion by Monday night. I made it back in to the workshop yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours, after two-days of thought and reflection. As it turned out, un-jamming the belt sander wasn’t too difficult. I started by trying to remove the outer casing, before realising that it wasn’t going to budge. Turning it over again, I realised that you can remove a black plate from one side that exposes the rollers. Then, the front roller just slides out (don’t lose the spring!) and everything was freed with absolute ease.
By the way, yes, ‘un-jamming’ is in fact the technical term for this! 🙂