Since 2012, my collection of Ordnance Survey maps has steadily grown. They’d always lived within an unfashionable cardboard box, before I recently made an alternative solution from 12mm thick birch plywood.
This is a project that I completed in February of this year, although the official start date leaps back to the beginning of 2017, when I ‘sourced’ the materials from the off-cuts pile at the company I used to work for.
After almost two months of confinement to cardboard boxes, I decided on Sunday afternoon that it was time to delve in to my 100+ DVD collection and to begin to declutter. I say begin because, to me, it’s an on-going process. If you try to do it all at once, it requires a greater effort and that can feed anxiety and stress, leading to procrastination and avoidance.
For one reason or another, it’s been almost two-months since I lasted updated you on the American lime wall shelf I was building to re-house my over-blown DVD collection, following a house move at the end of March. I finished the project (with several coats of Chestnut Acrylic Lacquer) shortly after part two but, it was only last week that I got around to the task of hanging the unit on a plasterboard wall…