Just a bit of an update for you on how things are going, as I’m part way between completing the final glue-ups of these boards; making my way in and out of the workshop throughout the course of the weekend in order to remove one board from the clamps and then to insert another.
With a three-day Bank Holiday weekend already underway, I’m hoping to have this desk very close to completion by Monday night. I made it back in to the workshop yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours, after two-days of thought and reflection. As it turned out, un-jamming the belt sander wasn’t too difficult. I started by trying to remove the outer casing, before realising that it wasn’t going to budge. Turning it over again, I realised that you can remove a black plate from one side that exposes the rollers. Then, the front roller just slides out (don’t lose the spring!) and everything was freed with absolute ease.
By the way, yes, ‘un-jamming’ is in fact the technical term for this! 🙂
Part 2 is my Picket Planters video series is now online. It starts off with more machining and ends with all the mortises having been cut on my benchtop, cast-iron hollow chisel mortiser.
In Part 3, I’ll begin by round-topping all the pickets and posts on the bandsaw and, after that, I’ll looking at cutting the tenons on the ends of each rail.
Thanks for viewing.