Continuing straight on from Saturday’s efforts in the previous post; Sunday began with the finalisation of a few areas in preparation for the final assembly and glue-up of the rear ‘fixed’ portion of the folding desk.
I wanted to cut away a portion of each ‘foot’ so that it would sit more comfortably on a level floor and, as luck would have it, my under-used 6in diameter Sander Sitter provided me with the perfect radius. I cut the waste away with a jigsaw and cleaned it up a bit on my bobbin sander.
Continue reading “Folding Desk, Day Three”
Until I recently started finally building a garden gate for my mother [more on that to follow!], which involves working with timbers 7ft or 2.1m long, the folding sawhorses I made last year had spent the past five-months living outside my current home. You see, when I moved in, there was still some work to be done (boxing in, etc.) and I needed something to work on. Even after I finished, I got so used to not tripping over them in my workshop that I decided to leave them outside until I’d made some space inside the workshop… As you can probably guess, that never quite happened!
Continue reading “Sawhorse Survivor”