I managed to spend the previous weekend without taking a single step in to the workshop and yet, I’m still behind on updating you with the little goings-on that I have been progressing with in there. I’ve found it hard to even find the time to keep my client up-to-date with details for the chopping boards I’m planning to make soon and I’m also aware that I’m already behind with my intention of uploading one YouTube video on a weekly basis… I have plenty of short films in the pipeline so, I’m sure I can catch up before too long. 😉
It’s quite shocking to think that I’ve been living on my own for almost five-months now and yet, I’m still using the window sill of my “bijou” bathroom as a convenient means of keeping a roll of toilet within arm’s reach! 😳 It doesn’t look tidy and that’s something which generally bothers me. I’ve been looking around at the prices of various steel or chrome-finished products (to fit in with the other bathroom fittings and furniture), ready to buy off the shelf and they were either surprisingly dear or, at the other end, the cheap ones just looked nasty and tacky.
So, armed with a spare length of 1in thick English beech (about 4in wide; I think this was a spare length that I didn’t use on my workbench drawer fronts), this has become yet another small project where I could make something useful out of, well, almost nothing (…scrap wood!).