Having met landlord for the first time and almost by chance just over a week ago now, I was given the green light to go ahead and fit a wall mirror above the bathroom sink. This is actually something I bought several weeks ago from a well-known Swedish furniture emporium… But hey, if it balances out my morals then I ended up spending a greater value of money on Pic’N’Mix sweets that day!! 😉
After fitting the mirror, I decided that I wanted to make one other alteration and that was to increase my sense of privacy within this ground-floor flat. I naturally have to lower the blind when I’m taking a shower and with the toilet sat in front of the window, well, you can imagine how uncomfortable I sometimes feel with the window at head height!
So, I’m now going to show you how I went about fitting some self-adhesive privacy film.
It’s already the middle of September! About a month ago, I was finishing off a pair of end-grain cutting boards… Not my first of the year but I wanted one of these to go to a friend for her birthday (she previously expressed an admiration for the ones I made earlier this year). Instead of doing another video on the making of these, I decided to instead document it here on my blog. It’s been a while since I’ve written about a project like this.
These really don’t take very long to make, especially as I’ve had two previous attempts at ‘practising’ in the last couple of years. This post may end up quite a long one though, as I did happen to capture very many images along the way.
This post is mainly for the benefit of those who do not currently follow my Facebook page, where a few of us have already begun a discussion on this. Of course, I’d encourage you to head over there now and to click the Like button if you haven’t done so already!
I received an e-mail from one of my recent cutting board recipients last night that. When I saw the heading, I knew it wasn’t good news and could only assume that something had gone wrong with at least one of the boards I’d made for them. In my mind; at least one board had begun delaminating along at least one glue line. But, as you can see in the photo above; what actually happened was far more devastating!
With a long weekend and clear skies forecast, I decided I would use this time to try and replace the fence panels that blew down sometime in, erm… February! That’s without mentioning the two fence posts that had each rotted away at ground level. It had seemed like a monstrous job; the kind that I detest, with my general hatred towards pathetic fence panel construction. Each morning I’ve driven to work, each evening I’ve come home; that gaping view on to the neighbour’s weathered decking had been haunting me for far too long. I was tired of tripping over the old panel remains just outside the workshop door. Something had to be done!
I’ve post-dated the time for this post to appear live on my blog, just in case any of you fellow Brits were concerned about my sleeping patterns! Not long ago, I posted a couple of photos to Twitter, which should give you some idea of what I’m going to share with you now… These were also taken with my smart phone.
I’d just finished my shower, I was dressed and, as I gathered my things ready to leave the bathroom, I suddenly found my right foot down and amongst the foundations of our house!!