With many thanks to the administrator, Jonathan Rubinstien, I received an e-mail notification several weeks ago that a home-made blade-setting jig I’d created has also been featured on the HomemadeTools.net encyclopedia.
This takes us back to around the time of my birthday, which was already just over a month ago. I’ve had my share of Pukka Pies and I’ll occasionally try one when out for a pub meal. But with many cakes, a few casseroles and the odd shepherd’s pie already under my belt, I decided to have a go at a more traditional pie with a bit of pastry on top.
It’s official! I am finding my way back in to the kitchen again! Flicking through one of my latest cook books, I thought there was no better way than to start off with some fairly straight-forward burgers.
There’s a recipe for this and it comes from Jamie Oliver’s Ministry of Food – a belated birthday blessing from one of my closest friends. Let’s see how I got on! An initial reaction to this book is that I enjoy its layout with the near step-by-step photos to accompany each meal – something sorely lacking from some of the other books I’ve been using.
In case you don’t follow me on Keek, I’ll try to keep this brief… I got up on Sunday morning with a view to replacing the fence posts after repairing and reassembling the panel (as you saw in my previous post). For this, I would need a sledge hammer. Not owning one and knowing that, if I did buy one, I might not use it again for a very long time; I turned to Freecycle for some assistance, asking whether anyone might be inclined to lend me one for the weekend. No such offers came in, until I received an e-mail from a woman who offered me a head without a handle. As a woodorker though, that didn’t seem like much of a problem! 😉
That was my thinking when I collected the lump on Friday afternoon. By the time Sunday came around, I decided that I wanted to get the job done and headed to Toolstation to buy a handle (along with some other bits I needed) in an effort to save myself some time. That didn’t fit and I would end up making one from scratch, which did occupy my time until lunch.
There’s a video of this whole process below and, underneath that, you’ll find photos and details of another ‘agricultural’ tool that I made yesterday.
After one week of waiting for finished photos, here they are!
It’s about as finished as it’s going to be for the moment, as I hope to move on to some other pressing projects fairly soon. It’s also worth noting that I’ve since replaced all the wing nuts you can see with home-made wooden knobs (M6 nuts embedded in to their inner faces).
Sometimes, I intend to write a post but, for one reason or another, it takes me a while to actually get around to writing it up and publishing it on this site. This ‘station’ was completed several weeks ago and, in that time, I’ve made numerous attempts to sell it, with a couple of potential buyers very interested at the moment. I made it with the intention that I’d be able to use it and further my woodworking but, that’s not practical in my current workshop, when I have much more of a need to use the other machines in close proximity.
Continuing on from where we last left off, here follows the conclusion to the build…