It was probably a couple of months ago that I went out and bought myself a new bed frame. Replacing my old one (which was given to me in 2011 and second-hand at the time) is something I’d been thinking about and, while I had aspirations towards making my own frame, I’m still lacking the facilities and space for doing much in the way of woodworking.
I hold to an intention and hope of finding a new workshop this year. I won’t even begin looking until these dark and chilly months have passed but, when the time does come and I’m physically able to walk through that door, I will be looking to add a few tools to my arsenal. If not immediately then, sensibly, over time.
On Thursday, I took an afternoon off work to receive delivery of an 8ft x 6ft tongue-and-groove shed. This’ll be used for self-storage of items that are currently cluttering my home so, I’m more than happy to spend an initial outlay, as opposed to endlessly paying monthly rental fees at a large warehouse chain. I’m fortunate enough to have been granted a space away from my own home on which to erect this small garden building.
In this post, I’ll document the process of building a sturdy sub-base for the shed to sit on. I’ll emphasise now that this was designed with the word temporary in mind (there’s every chance it could have to move in a couple of years). If you plan on building a base for your decking, you may also find this very interesting.
This is going to be one of those ‘informative’ kind of posts… I was actually intending to write about something else I made and added to the workshop recently but I appear to be missing some of the in-progress photos of that and, if I did take them then, they must still be on the SD card which is sat out in the workshop right now!
So, this evening’s post concerns some minor modifications I’ve made to the ‘mobility’ of both my table saw’s mobile base and the router table I made back in August.
My poor, lonely workshop. I haven’t been able to make much use of it recently, even with the three-day Bank Holiday weekend that’s just passed. Still, in an effort to clear some more excess wood from inside, I have been making some progress on a tongue and groove gate I promised I’d make and fit for my mother, erm, over a year ago… 😳
If you’re interested to know more about the new maX 12 10.8v Powermaxx drills from Metabo, which I used recently to install the suspended floor in my workshop then, you’ll want to head on over to the Toolstop Blog, where my Guest blog-post appeared earlier today:
Due to a week-long battle with the flu, I’ve found myself left with very little time or energy to many things, including the task of keeping this blog up to date. Christmas has come and gone now but, for me at least, it did arrive slightly early for me when one package (to me; from me!! ;-)) arrived four-days ahead of the Big Day, direct from Metabo in Southampton: