Even though I finished the folding desk last week, I’d like to go back briefly in this post and look at a few areas that I haven’t already included. This was partly because I feared that my posts would become too long but actually, it had more to do with the fact that these photos which were ‘cut’ from the final edit were actually taken on my old camera, which leaves images in a different folder to my new camera’s recordings, on the SD card.
It’s been a while coming but, my folding laptop desk is now complete. Earlier this week, I spent several evenings applying coats of finishing oil, rubbing down in between coats.
This oil hasn’t darkened the soft pine as much as I feared it might although, there’s always the chance that will happen over time.
Continuing straight on from Saturday’s efforts in the previous post; Sunday began with the finalisation of a few areas in preparation for the final assembly and glue-up of the rear ‘fixed’ portion of the folding desk.
I wanted to cut away a portion of each ‘foot’ so that it would sit more comfortably on a level floor and, as luck would have it, my under-used 6in diameter Sander Sitter provided me with the perfect radius. I cut the waste away with a jigsaw and cleaned it up a bit on my bobbin sander.