With many thanks to the administrator, Jonathan Rubinstien, I received an e-mail notification several weeks ago that a home-made blade-setting jig I’d created has also been featured on the HomemadeTools.net encyclopedia.
Having viewed the potential-workshop a few days ago now, I’ve taken the weekend to step back and decide that I will be going for it – just in case there was ever any doubt! 😉
Things are still yet to be signed, dotted and paid for as I write this but I remain confident regardless. In this post, I’ll be highlighting a few things I’ve since noticed and looking ahead to what will need to be done.
There’s a very good chance that I have found myself a new workshop. Less than two-years after departing the first one alongside my mother’s home.
Some of you may’ve already seen this photo on social media – for those of you who haven’t, I’d just like to say that it is not my photo. But the previous tenant clearly did a bit of woodworking themselves.
I hadn’t planned on maintaining such an absence from this blog until now but for the past few days, I’ve been unable to log-in and it looks as though it’s a problem that has hit other WordPress users. But I’m here now; my fingers ready to share so many things and I feel it would be most convenient to share details of this weekend as it comes to a close.
Straying back in to the world of woodworking and workshops for a moment; this weekend was when I decided it was time to put the majority of my tools and equipment in to self storage!
It was made official that my mum has now sold her house. It’s not bad going, considering it’d barely been on the market for two months but I’m now facing an ultimatum that I’ve been trying to avoid, even though it’s presence has been looming for a while… I need to start clearing out my workshop and I’m no longer talking about simply decluttering the unnecessary and the under-used…
Earlier today, I uploaded a brand-new video to YouTube, which happens to be my first for about a month. I’ll probably go in to that one a little deeper in a separate blog post next week but it bears some relevance to this post where I’m going to be looking at mitres and tackling the seemingly-simple question of how to fit a length stop for repeat or batch cutting of identical lengths.
This is the subject of my latest YouTube video, which has just been uploaded this evening. There are probably a few other recent uploads that I haven’t announced to all of you directly so, it is always worth manually checking my channel from time to time (and, of course; subscribing makes that even easier!). I seem to have created a situation where I have a stack of video content on my hard drive (a good three or four videos-worth). This is a complete contrast to my situation earlier in the year, where I was struggling to even record the basic content for editing… Now, I can’t seem to keep up with myself! 😉
Truing a bandsaw tyre has often been a popular topic for this blog and it certainly brings its share of traffic my way from some of the usual search engines. I’m aiming to have at least one more tool-relevant video on the way soon but, over the weekend, I hope you bring you footage of a small project (yes, an actual project) that I completed last week. If you’re really lucky, it may even feature my first attempts at narration!
As always, constructive feedback is welcome but I hope you hope you find this one useful and informative at the very least.
Thank you. 🙂
While the cutting boards I’m working on are slowly nearing completion, I found a little time yesterday evening to shoot a brief video on sharpening a pencil in the workshop. It’s hopefully a little bit of fun and a little light-hearted more than anything else but it’s mostly to keep my channel ‘busy’ as I’m well aware that it’s been a couple of weeks since Part 1.
As always, I welcome your thoughts and comments. If you have any of your own suggestions for sharpening then please feel free to share. What would be even better are your tips for not losing pencils in the first place! 😉