Another month is about to end and I’ve just been able to squeeze in a new YouTube before March comes to a close. I am (slowly) working on a woodworking video that I filmed in my workshop almost two-years ago but I recorded a lot of footage and it’s taking a long time to work through the motions.
This video was originally going to follow the other and yet, with no narration needed and a fairly brief collection of video clips to compose; it was ready for uploading in less than two-hours.
It’s related to a blog post I wrote sometime before Christmas – Fixing a Sagging Wall Unit.
Thanks for reading, for watching and I’ll have more DIY-related stills and video coming throughout the course of 2015!
While on Friday I set about correcting the sagging wall unit in my kitchen, Saturday morning was partially spent filling a couple of large holes between cabinets. When I say ‘holes’, I’m actually referring to the vacant spaces that can sometimes be found between wall cabinets. Personally, if I was designing a kitchen, I’d try to exclude them, even where the can be used to run services (pipes an wires).
In my experience, they’re a trap for cobwebs and a flue for downwards draughts that aren’t welcome in winter. That’s why I decided to look at enclosing them.
Continue reading “Closing Holes”
This weekend has started with a somewhat-familiar bout of DIY. But instead of reaching for my dust sheets, paint brush and roller, I’ve been able to break out a few simple woodworking and carpentry tools that’ve slowly begun to gather light rust inside my storage boxes.
Continue reading “Fixing a Sagging Wall Unit”