Having viewed the potential-workshop a few days ago now, I’ve taken the weekend to step back and decide that I will be going for it – just in case there was ever any doubt! 😉
Things are still yet to be signed, dotted and paid for as I write this but I remain confident regardless. In this post, I’ll be highlighting a few things I’ve since noticed and looking ahead to what will need to be done.
For too long, I’ve had to wrestle with my pots and pans when it comes to storage. I don’t like the idea of stuffing them down in a low cupboard or drawer where they’d be hard to reach (as a tall person) and would most likely end up unbalanced and ready to tumble. So, after scouting around on the internet, I came across a few wall-hanging solutions, which would suit my kitchen very well, with its limited worktop space.
My Saturday’s frequently begin at a slow and lethargic pace. I’ll wake up as early any previous weekday but the ‘knowing’ that I don’t have to get up for anything in particular keeps me tucked up tight in bed… That, and the fresh feeling of cold that besieges my inadequately-heated flat.
Anyway, after consuming the breakfast that you saw me make in a previous post; while doing my weekly clean a day late (or early – well, I never usually save a Saturday for it), something took over and compelled me to attack the mountain of paperwork that had wedged itself inside the bottom drawer.
Today, I spent about one-third of my time on a solo walk in Somerset, to the east of the Mendip Hills. I’ll write more about that later on this week and I’ll also have to update you on at least two of three projects I managed to complete in the workshop yesterday! They’re only small but the satisfaction in being able to complete so many pieces at once is great!
This evening’s post is merely a brief one to let you know about a little bit of organisation I created in the workshop recently. It all started with this tangle of plugs that have always lashed on to the fence of my pillar drill…
It must have been three, if not four, weeks since I officially completed this tote-style box for the window shelf or cill in my bathroom… So many other things have been getting in the way of my woodworking and even keeping this blog up together… It’s kind of ironic that I make this post only a week before I begin packing everything up, ready to move back to my mum’s for a few months! That’s something else that’s really stressing me at the moment, as it now looks as though I’ll have to do most of the moving and cleaning all in the same day!
I’ll start this one off with a reminder of how the shelf space has looked for far too long now…
After that most-recent video-tour of my workshop, a few people contacted me asking more about the extraction setup I have.
It’s far from perfect, at the moment… I think it’s close to being very good but, I need to attempt to make some half-decent connections where the waste pipe meets the flexible hose, and vice-versa. I’ll also be purchasing some proper vacuum hose to replace the pond filter hose I purchased on a whim (saving money isn’t always the best option).
Any comments or suggestions you may have are more than welcome. I’m happy to read and hear whatever you may have to say.
…Well, sort of! While I have been able to sit here typing and idly surfing the ‘net for as much as I would’ve liked over the past month, I have just about completed reorganising my workshop, which is only minutes away from my new home. It all started a few weeks ago, when I listed a tall shelving unit on eBay – and then, it sold, for £16! 😎
This left a pleasantly large void in front of the rear window but, don’t fret; I already had plans for what I was going to do with this space…