Since 2012, my collection of Ordnance Survey maps has steadily grown. They’d always lived within an unfashionable cardboard box, before I recently made an alternative solution from 12mm thick birch plywood.
This is a project that I completed in February of this year, although the official start date leaps back to the beginning of 2017, when I ‘sourced’ the materials from the off-cuts pile at the company I used to work for.
Continue reading “Making an OS Map Box”
While on Friday I set about correcting the sagging wall unit in my kitchen, Saturday morning was partially spent filling a couple of large holes between cabinets. When I say ‘holes’, I’m actually referring to the vacant spaces that can sometimes be found between wall cabinets. Personally, if I was designing a kitchen, I’d try to exclude them, even where the can be used to run services (pipes an wires).
In my experience, they’re a trap for cobwebs and a flue for downwards draughts that aren’t welcome in winter. That’s why I decided to look at enclosing them.
Continue reading “Closing Holes”
Again, I’m nearly one-week behind in updating you on my recent exploits in the workshop! I didn’t really have much left to do on the bathroom box at this point; it was more a case of figuring out how I was going to do a couple of things and then, setting up for each operation.
Continue reading “Lid for the Box”