Cramps On!

All glued up!

Before lunchtime yesterday, I successfully managed to assemble my bookshelf for the very last time and left it for several hours in the cramps. I don’t think I should ‘have‘ to those extra clamps in the middle, pulling the shoulders of the shelves in tightly… Perhaps those dovetail housings could have been a little bit tighter after all?

Read on…

Sliding Towards the Finish

While I haven’t had much time on the bookshelf since Monday, I did manage to get all the sliding dovetail housings cut for the shelves on Tuesday afternoon. Then, yesterday, in the evening, I made some attempts toward sanding all internal faces and applying the first coats of finish…

Read more.

Two New Toys!

On Thursday, I took delivery of two exciting new arrivals in my workshop! For the last eighteen-months, I’ve been considering an upgrade from my 12in. SIP bandsaw to something much bigger. Also, having recently sold my Bosch 12in. sliding mitre saw on eBay (it took a few months!!), I’ve now got a smaller, 10in. saw that I reckon I’ll be much happier with.

Read on…