With a three-day Bank Holiday weekend already underway, I’m hoping to have this desk very close to completion by Monday night. I made it back in to the workshop yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours, after two-days of thought and reflection. As it turned out, un-jamming the belt sander wasn’t too difficult. I started by trying to remove the outer casing, before realising that it wasn’t going to budge. Turning it over again, I realised that you can remove a black plate from one side that exposes the rollers. Then, the front roller just slides out (don’t lose the spring!) and everything was freed with absolute ease.
By the way, yes, ‘un-jamming’ is in fact the technical term for this! 🙂
Continue reading “A Time for Fixes”
This weekend, the weather’s been so nice that I couldn’t think of a better way to spend my Saturday afternoon that cutting up a sheet of dust-ridden 18mm MDF on the drive! 😀
Staddons must’ve received their delivery later on Friday afternoon, as they had a sheet ready to cut to size by the time I arrived on Saturday morning. After studying a cutting sheet I’d set out using the components in Google SketchUp, I asked them to crosscut the sheet at 1600mm, leaving <840mm x 1220mm on the other end. I was a bit optimistic when I assumed that this would fit to my small van with ease… It did fit but, the larger half was angled at a position that meant it resting against my head during the short journey back to the workshop! I wish I’d taken a photo! 😉
Continue reading “Router Table Begins!”