Since 2012, my collection of Ordnance Survey maps has steadily grown. They’d always lived within an unfashionable cardboard box, before I recently made an alternative solution from 12mm thick birch plywood.
This is a project that I completed in February of this year, although the official start date leaps back to the beginning of 2017, when I ‘sourced’ the materials from the off-cuts pile at the company I used to work for.
I recently made reference to the fact that I spent a weekend working at a friend’s house in early October. This largely involved sanding the wooden floors in two rooms and attending to the near-disastrous state of alcove shelving in the living room (some people should be banned from owning hand saws).
Let’s start by looking at the big job: sanding. Lots of sanding. Then again, downstairs.
Some of you may remember how, earlier this year – before the summer that appears to have come and gone so quickly – I erected a fairly straightforward freestanding, temporary fence to keep my mum’s puppy from wondering off along the shared driveway.
Inevitably, I was asked to do the same again alongside the garden to the rear of the property. This is a job I actually completed in July and, as I sit down to write about it now, I’d like to indicate that I had to make a couple of slight alterations for the same idea to function in its situation.
With many thanks to the administrator, Jonathan Rubinstien, I received an e-mail notification several weeks ago that a home-made blade-setting jig I’d created has also been featured on the HomemadeTools.net encyclopedia.
It’s been a fortnight since I uploaded this first video to YouTube and I had hoped that the second instalment would be ready to upload this evening… Well, it hasn’t quite worked out that way – and it has taken me this long to get around to writing about it!
Here it is, for those of you who haven’t already seen it across my social media sites.
Following on from the video highlighted in my previous post; let’s now take a closer look at the repairs I made to the hardwood serving tray.
For those who haven’t already seen this through other social media outlets; here we have my most recent YouTube upload, where I set about repairing the mitred corners of a serving tray I made about seven-years ago.
Tomorrow, I’ll add a blog post, outlining a few still and details to complement this repair.
As I write this, I’m currently working on a new video on a walk I did in December. That should appear soon and will then be followed by further DIY and woodworking uploads. If you haven’t done so, I would like to encourage you to subscribe to my channel on YouTube. My following appears to be growing at a steady rate and I’m confident that I’ll reach the 4,000 mark before too long.
Thanks for reading and for watching.